Sunday, August 1, 2010

Is Your Heart In It? & God's Plan

~Brandon James Scott Scholl

Whenever we help a fellow Christian with something they’re struggling with or are encouraging them as they strive towards a goal and it doesn’t work out we quote the Bible or tell them God may just not want that to happen or that He has other plans. When we tell people this what is the reason for saying it and what do we really mean? Do we say it because we don’t know what else to say? Do we say it to seriously try and uplift the other person that we’re helping? I think it’s both of those and maybe a few other reasons as well. When we see a Brother or Sister trying to gain something or get somewhere in life and it doesn’t work out we feel bad for them but when we quote the Bible to them are we doing it with our heart in it or our head? Do you honestly put our heart into the words that we say? I’m not saying we shouldn’t say what the bible says to help or anything like that but check where you’re saying it from. We’re more able to restore a Christian brother or sister if our heart is in the words we say. Just a thought I had.

It’s funny how so often people think that they leave boring lives and that nothing ever happens to them. I used to be that way when I was younger and I figured that I would join the Air Force and become a pilot that way my life would have some spice to it. In fact, that was my dream since I was about seven years old. Within the last few years quite a bit has changed including realizing that I’m not called into the Air Force that I’m aware of and that you don’t need to join the armed forces to spice up your life. I’m not talking about who’s dating who and random gossip to keep things interesting. I was looking for challenges not only in my life to work on and overcome but something to also walk my Christian life. Sure enough, God started me out by meeting who is now my best friend, Rachael. Just by the way she acted she showed me that it was possible to not only keep life interesting but have your walk with God in it too. As I learned from other experiences I realized that learning about what the bible says and God’s word I could learn something that doesn’t change and that I can work on in my own life. At first I was scared of talking to people and such but as I did little things God worked on that quite a bit. He started turning me into this person who was not only willing to talk to people but talk about hot issues dealing with doctrine, theology, and scriptures and not shut down. It took a long time for God to change this in me but looking back on it I realized it was worth every minute of it. With this I was also applying how I learned things by reading my bible into other various things. Whether it was school or anything else I learned that the more I know the better equipped I am for life and anything else that can come my way. In fact, there are times that I can frequently combine both my Christian walk into learning new things and in my school as well. There are numerous times that I am also challenged in my personal life with things when I learn a new concept or realize something. Be careful what you pray for. Sometimes you get exactly what you ask for.

I will say out of my entire life I enjoy life right now because of the person I have been transformed into. My brain isn’t as sharp and quick as some people’s but I’m a lot sharper and faster than I have ever been before. It’s nice to be able to have a conversation with someone and articulate yourself diligently enough so that they can comprehend not only what you’re saying but even something that you’re trying to get across to them. Think about it, what has God changed in your life to prepare you for what He wants you to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment